Wild caught Alaskan Halibut with an Asian flair!
Serve this heart healthy halibut with sauteed greens with lemon and garlic for an elegant yet simple dish! Serves 4
- 1/2 cup organic soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 or 3 drops sesame oil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup prepared hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 8-ounce Wild Caught Alaskan halibut filets
- Spinach and/or Kale sauteed with minced garlic and a squeeze of lemon, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine first 8 ingredients for ginger sauce, whisking well to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasoning. This can be done a day ahead of time and refrigerated. Bring sauce to room temperature before serving.
Combine hoisin and chili sauce. Add oil to a heavy bottomed, ovenproof skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add cod and cook 2 minutes. Turn, and brush with hoisin – chili sauce mixture. Transfer skillet to the oven and cook until the fish is opaque in the middle and flakes, about 6 minutes.
Serve over sauteed greens or steamed rice and spoon ginger sauce over top.