Topline Foods offers low cost shipping of organic grass fed beef to San Diego, California.
Why is organic grass fed beef best for you and your family? There are many reasons to eat organic grass fed beef. To start with, certified organic beef is raised to strict and verifiable standards including:
- - Born and raised on a certified organic pasture
- - Never receive any antibiotics
- - Never receive growth-promoting hormones
- - Are fed only certified organic grasses
- - Must have unrestricted outdoor access
The philosophy is to imitate conditions that would occur naturally. So, organic beef livestock have unrestricted access to the outdoors, fresh air and sunshine. If any shelter is provided it must be comfortable to the animal and allow the opportunity to exercise. Especially important is that no animal byproducts may be fed to organic beef cattle.
Additionally, national organic standards require oversight of the production and handling systems. So facilities undergo frequent onsite inspections which ensure organic beef standards are being upheld. Read the article.
There are also nutritional differences between organic grass fed beef and conventionally raised corn fed cattle.
- - Grass fed beef is four times higher in vitamin E which is an antioxidant which protects from chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- - higher in omega 3 fatty acids which counteracts the harmful effects of a modern diet filled with far too much omega 6, good for heart disease, cancer, arthritis, diabetes and so many things we can’t even list them all here
- - higher in beta-carotine used by the body to make Vitamin A, and according to Medline Plus; used to decrease asthma symptoms caused by exercise; to prevent certain cancers, heart disease, cataracts, and age related macular degeneration (AMD); and to treat AIDS, alcoholism, Alzheimer’s disease, depression, epilepsy, headache, heartburn, high blood pressure, infertility, Parkinson’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, schizophrenia, and skin disorders including psoriasis and vitiligo
- - higher in conjugated linoleic acid; according to Mercola.com, good for dealing with or preventing several kinds of “Cancer . . . Cardiovascular disease, High blood pressure, High cholesterol, Osteoporosis, Insulin resistance . . . [and] and food-induced allergic reactions.”
- - higher in calcium: for strong bones and teeth, as everyone knows.
- - higher in Magnesium, a helpful and often overlooked mineral with a higher risk of deficiency, with an effect on “heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, asthma, obesity, infertility, migraine, muscle pains, premenstrual syndrome and traumatic stress” according to the NY Times article ‘A Dietary Mineral You Need (and Probably Didn’t Know It)’
- - higher in Potassium: High potassium diets are good for preventing strokes and improving bone health, for more see the University of Maryland’s Medical Center’s page on the subject
- - B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
Read the article to learn more.
Shop now to buy organic grass fed beef, all natural and free range organic chicken, sustainably raised pork, wild caught seafood and more! Learn more about our affordable shipping to San Diego, California!