This delicious pie makes perfect brunch fare as well as dinner. If you like a little heat, stir in a few drops of your favorite pepper sauce with the eggs. (Of course, you may substitute any one of our delicious sausages if you prefer.)
Organic Spinach Pie with Chicken Artichoke & Olive Sausage
Serving Size : 6
1/2 15-ounce package all-ready pie crusts — (1 pie crust)
1 10-ounce package Organic Spinach — thawed and drained
1 12-ounce package Topline Foods All Natural Chicken Artichoke & Olive Sausages — chopped
1 cup scallion — chopped
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese — grated
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt — to taste
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg — to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425. Remove 1 pie crust from package and let stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Unroll crust and press into a deep 9 inch glass pie dish or quiche dish. Press dough firmly against bottom and up sides of dish.
2. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, scallions, ricotta cheese, 4 eggs, and parmesan cheese. Beat together to blend well. Stir in sausage and pepper. Turn filling into pastry-lined dish.
3. Fold edges over top for a rustic crostatta look. Beat remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush crust to give a golden brown color after baking.
4. Bake in center of oven for 20 minutes. May need to cover edges with foil.
5. Continue baking 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
- add diced roasted red bell peppers
- add black olives, sliced
- add organic sweet corn
- add you favorites to make it your own! Enjoy!